Friday 27 March 2015

Feeling old!

Feeling old - just exchanged my motorcycle for a gear-less scooter - also known as a scooty in my country.
I still remember that day when I bought it - thirteen years back it was a frigid Sunday of December when I brought it home. Rajesh rode it back as I didn't know how to ride it. Friends asked for a party - announced to bring your bikes yourself to a McD nearby, and as a result I had to learn riding it on the same day!  It looks like just a day of last week when I was scouting all the bike showrooms around my office - with Tarique taking a test-ride on my behalf! I can clearly remember Naveen telling me not to buy a smaller bike but a bigger one, because I would look smart on that! Dad told me not to buy a motorcycle, whereas Mom simply laughed it off, and told me to buy a black one instead of a red motorcycle. Countless rides - alone, and with friends; in hot-as-hell Noida, and in chilly Shimla; short ones to bring milk, and the longer ones to travel across the city - there are too many to write about it!

Time flies, we get old - move from one phase of life to the other one, and as Goppal Sir puts it - we keep on getting upgrades!

No comments:

Post a Comment